Player Code of Conduct
Nunawading CC complies with the Cricket Australia Code of Behaviour.
A summary of the key points is as follows:
• Play by the rules.
• Never argue with an umpire. If you disagree, have your captain, coach or manager approach the official during a break or after the game.
• Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted in any sport. Do not show you are unhappy when given out.
• Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team, an opponent or the other team.
• Treat all participants in cricket as you like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of another player.
• Cooperate with your coach, teammates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition.
• Place in proper perspective the isolated incidents of unsporting behaviour rather than make such incidents the ‘highlight’ of the event.
• All talk must stop when the bowler reaches his bowling mark.
• Bad language (swearing) is not permitted.
• Once a batter is dismissed, members of the fielding team are not permitted to give the batter a ‘send off’.
• Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
Click here for the Cricket Australia Code of Behaviour