Cricket is back baby!!
Training for Juniors (and Seniors) will re-commence tomorrow (Thursday) night, with games to go ahead over the weekend. If you have any concerns, please reach out to your team manager, coach or myself. I am sure that you will receive comms checking on availability if you haven’t already.
Message from our friendly COVID Officer
Nunawading Cricket Club continues to keep itself updated and informed on the Government restrictions relating to COVID-19, both on the cricket pitch and also in our club rooms. Even today, we are across all the new information coming from Cricket Victoria and are ready for COVID Safe cricket. As a cricket community you have done a great job in keeping each other, and our visitors safe this season. It is so important that we continue with this, when cricket resumes this week/weekend. Can I please ask that everyone continue to do the following:
· We ask respectfully that if you are unwell – or have flu like symptoms, not to attend cricket, but to get tested
· If you have attended a ‘hot spot’, as listed by the Government, please follow the government advice.
· Masks to be worn inside (unless eating or drinking). Masks to be worn outside if you cannot socially distance 1.5metres. You must carry a mask in your pocket at all times
· In terms of ‘checking in’, please ensure your sign in to 1Breadcrumb is working. Please go into the app if you do not get a notification that you have arrived at Mahoneys Reserve. ***Anyone not familiar with 1Breadcrumb, please either sign in via the QR codes on site – or please call me to help you set up 1Breadcrumb.
· If you come into the club rooms, please use the sign-in book upstairs. As we have a different COVID Safe Plan for cricket and hospitality – we want to be sure that if we asked by DHHS who has been in the club rooms, we can answer accurately.
· Please sensitise regularly, including sanitising before and after each innings – and at breaks at least every 20 overs. Also – please sanitise when you enter the club rooms. Please also sanitise shared equipment. The club will ensure that there are plenty of sanitiser and wipes available. Teams playing away, are encouraged to take your own supply from the club with you.
Finally – please enjoy!!!! – the weather will be great for cricket this weekend – so let’s all keep safe.
Rob (0409 357 642)
Friday 19th February BBQ
This week the U14s will be hosting the Friday night BBQ. Please stay around after Blasters or come back after the game for a sausage or burger and a drink.
Third time lucky for team photos. We will proceed with Blasters and Super 7s O’Sullivan (Rob’s team) this Friday. All other teams will be scheduled for the same time slots are previous on Sunday 28th February. Please let your team manager/coach know ASAP if you are unavailable for photos.
1Breadcrumb app reminder
Due to the Christmas Break, not using the 1Breadcrumb app for over 3 weeks has resulted in some phones putting the location of the app to sleep. This means that automatic check-ins aren’t working and the compliance levels for the clubs are lower. In order to improve these numbers and get people automatically checking in again, we ask that you follow these steps and PDF to ensure everyone at the club is on the same page.
- Check in manually to the site again
- Open your device settings and set location to “Always” as apple updates change this setting.
- If you have a Samsung, adaptive power settings may need to be changed
- The attached PDF has all the required information and screenshots on how to do this.
NCC Junior Manager
0402 260 545
1Breadcrumb Check in to a site + Location Service & Power Saving (1) (1).pdf